9.20.2008
Orlando 2008 - Day 1
The summer has been a very wild ride for the Kramer family. We have been anticipating this break from the fast pace race we call life so several months now. We were a little worried about Lily flying at 5 months but she did better than we did. She slept during both flights. All was going too well; we arrived in Orlando with no trouble, we got our rental wagon for the week and we were off in search for our phat pad when it happened. We were following our mapquest directions but we didn't see our exit anywhere. After three toll (2 of which we didn't have the cash for) I realized that we were lost. It was a bad deal because I (Jaycob) NEVER get lost. It was that I decided to toss the mapquest deal and do it like a grown man (we stopped and asked for direction). After arriving at our destination and getting checked in all was well. We loved our pad for the week. It's amazing! I'll have to upload the pictures later. We then decided it was time to find dinner. We had no idea where we were so we just made a right at the light. I then saw the signage that let me know we were entering the Disney camp and exited quickly because I knew we were going the wrong direction. I made a left at the light but must have missed the sign that said "one-way". We were going the wrong way on a one-way street. I noticed that the two lanes we divided by a pretty grassy island so I was looking for a break to cross over to the other lane. It was right then that I noticed the huge Disney charter bus coming right for us! I did the only thing I knew to do in this situation: I jumped the curb and cut through that pretty grassy island, pulled a quick u-turn, got back on the freeway and cleaned my seat. What a way to start the vacation. Well after that deal, I got my way and went to Lobster Fest; where I got fat from the buffet of lobster. What an adventurous day with the family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tummy Cam #1
Is Lily already hungry?
Tummy Cam #2
That's my pretty little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment