6.16.2008

A Fantastic Father's Day


I was taken by surprise yesterday. I was not expecting the amazing rush of emotions I felt when my amazing wife and beautiful daughter appreciated me. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that my dad hasn't been apart of my life (not to be ugly but we live miles apart); so I have never wished anyone a happy father's day. I have never been on the other end of the stick and have never made someone feel the way I felt. The whole thing is so brand spanking new to me. I mean I have had birthdays and other celebrations where I was the focus of the party but there's something surreal about being hoisted up and called a great father. My heart is running over with pride and passion for my sweet family. They are my life! They have become apart of who I am - heart, mind and soul. It's a great honor to carry the title of father (and husband). God is so good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWW JAYCOB!! how sweet!! I'm glad you had a really great father's day! You deserve it:) I'm so glad to see you happy!!:)

GrayAmen said...

Awww... that was a really sweet post!!!! *tear :)

Tummy Cam #1

Tummy Cam #1
Is Lily already hungry?

Tummy Cam #2

Tummy Cam #2
That's my pretty little girl!