4.19.2008

Filling Up The Empty Space

Last night some of Heather's friends and family gave her a shower. I just thought I tapped into the inner circle of woman-hood when I discovered the whole baby shower deal; but who would have guessed you could have more than one shower? I am digging the whole deal. After we stored the gifts from both showers, I began to thank God for providing all of Lily's gifts. I was seriously thinking I would have to get another job to fill up the empty wall space, floor space, dresser space and closet space. I say that kinda jokingly but I have an overwhelming desire to provide the best for my family. Not because it's my job or that I am obligated to, but because it's family and they desire my best. In that moment I realized that, that's part of the whole parenting deal. I suddenly had a great deal of respect for every parent I had ever known. Yes part of the parenting deal involves providing, food, clothes and shelter, but more than that it's all about ownership. God has given me an opportunity to be a husband and a father, but I am the only person on the planet who gets to decide what kinda husband and father I will be. I own my decisions. I own my decision to be a husband first, father second and a student pastor third. I am extremely proud of my family and I want them to be proud of me. I have one chance to get it right and I am not going to blow it.

4 comments:

Justin Bertram said...

So good to see you guys and sweet Lily tonight! My blog is at www.xanga.com/Holly_Erin_Bertram

You have to create a xanga account to see it bc I'm paranoid. :)

Love,
Holly

Jeff Hulsizer said...

So what's the hold up with updating your blog w/ some of those baby pix? It's not like you're busy or something! ENJOY! They don't stay babies long! My "baby" turns 16 next month.

Very happy for you three!
Jeff

Anonymous said...

Well Jaycob.. Welcome to fatherhood. Enjoy these early moments.. I cannot believe that Isaac is 3 talking up a storm and giving me orders..which he got from Bridget. Bella is saying dada.. which is always good to hear. check out my blog at tobswilson.blogspot.com

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Lily is beautiful...and you are right, she looks just like Heather! Hope that you guys are doing great!

Tummy Cam #1

Tummy Cam #1
Is Lily already hungry?

Tummy Cam #2

Tummy Cam #2
That's my pretty little girl!